Monday, April 7, 2008

first in a series

I first noticed your eyes the day we met, the day we touched.

They met mine, and I swam. I took long strokes in that green.

It's a green I can see... a green I can appreciate, a green I love. When I am asked to think of a color for some silly reason or another, the shade of green that is your eyes is what comes to my mind, always. I wonder if that plays on my face. No one ever guesses right.

I first noticed your eyes the day we met. I have been noticing them every single day since then. In person, or in my mind's eye.

Your eyes are the first thing I noticed about you, the first distinct, discreet bit apart from the whole that I took note of. They were the first visual thing I experienced after I got that amazing tinge from our connection, they are the only thing I can see when we lay close to one another.

You have the most beautiful eyes of anyone I've ever loved, hands down.

No comments: